GST distribution review
The federal government is currently conducting a review of the Horizontal Fiscal Equalisation methodology used to distribute GST payments to the states and territories.
The Department for Treasury and Finance has prepared a number of submissions to ensure the views of the Government of South Australia are taken into account.
- Government of South Australia response to the GST Distribution Review Interim Reports, July 2012 (PDF 155KB)
- South Australia's response to comments from J. Pincus and H. Ergas on the Independent Economics Report, South Australian Department of Treasury and Finance, April 2012 (PDF 822KB)
- Government of South Australia submission to the GST Distribution Panel - Response to Supplementary Issues Paper, March 2012 (PDF 155KB)
- Horizontal fiscal equalisation and equity, Department of Treasury and Finance, South Australia, February 2012 (PDF 22.4KB)
- Letter from Under Treasurer to the Secretary, South Australia, GST Distribution Review providing the Independent Economics Report, February 2012 (PDF 623KB)
- Horizontal fiscal equalisation: Modelling the welfare and efficiency effects, Independent Economics, February 2012 (PDF 985KB)
- Commonwealth and State Budgets: implicit and explicit equalisation, Department of Treasury and Finance, South Australia, February 2012 (PDF 14.5KB)
- Government of South Australia submission to the GST Distribution Review Panel, September 2011 (PDF 97KB)
- Financing the Federation; Jim Hancock and Julie Smith; South Australian Centre for Economic Studies, September 2001 (PDF 4.5MB)
- Horizontal Fiscal Equalisation in Australia: Economic, Historical and Political Perspectives; Cliff Walsh, Jeff Petchey, Julie Smith and Christine Fletcher; South Australian Centre for Economic Studies, December 1993 (PDF 7.7MB)