What is an Unsolicited Proposal?
When a business or a not-for-profit organisation approaches the government with a proposal that hasn't formally been requested and does not fit into existing procurement processes, it’s known as an unsolicited proposal.
The Government of South Australia welcomes unsolicited proposals from the community. We know we don’t have all the ideas and we want to work with the private sector to identify new and innovative ways to drive our state’s development.
Unsolicited proposals can cover a wide range of areas, including:
- the delivery of services to or on behalf of government
- the provision of infrastructure
- access to government assets
- requests for government support (financial, regulatory or other) to undertake an activity
To ensure the government’s assessment process is transparent and protects the intellectual property rights of applicants, a set of Guidelines for the Assessment of Unsolicited Proposals has been developed. To submit an unsolicited proposal, please refer to the guidelines first then complete the online form.
The current composition of the Committee is:
- Rick Persse, Under Treasurer, Department of Treasury and Finance (Chair of the Committee)
- Damien Walker, Chief Executive, Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Edwina Handshin, Special Counsel to the Crown Solicitor, Crown Solicitor’s Office
Unsolicited proposals currently being assessed in Step 2 (Exclusive Negotiations and Business Case)
|Select State Registries||Land Services SA Operating Pty Ltd||South Australia||DTF leading Step 2 assessment|
|Asset acquisition||NeuRizer||Leigh Creek||Department for Infrastructure and Transport leading Step 2|
|Land acquisition||Symons & Clark Transport Pty Ltd||Gillman||Department for Infrastructure and Transport leading Step 2 assessment|
Unsolicited proposals currently being assessed in Step 3 (Contract Negotiation)
|Land acquisition||Port Augusta Operations Ltd||Stirling North||DIT leading Step 3 assessment|
|Land acquisition||Australian Rail Track Corporation||Gillman||Renewal SA leading Step 3 assessment|
Unsolicited Proposals Team
Department of Treasury and Finance
Telephone: (08) 8429 9707