Since 1 July 2017, mandatory indexation applies to all multi-year funding agreements between South Australian Government agencies and not-for profit (NFP) organisations, with the following exceptions:
- services transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- services transitioning to the Commonwealth Government under aged care reform arrangements
- indexation arrangements negotiated as part of a competitive tender arrangement.
The current NFP indexation rate is set at:
In May 2021, the South Australian Government reconfirmed its commitment to publish NFP indexation rates four years in advance to provide certainty to the NFP sector when considering multi-year contracts.
Future NFP indexation rates are set at:
Agencies are required to pass on the full indexed amount to NFP organisations that they fund in the following circumstances:
- for any new multi-year funding agreement with no specified indexation rate; and
- existing funding agreements with no specified indexation rate
Historical NFP indexation rates