|If you have lodged a Registration of Interest for the Business Support Grant you are still required to lodge an application using the application link. Payments cannot be processed without the lodgement of an application.|
If you have any questions regarding the Business Support Grant please contact BusinessSupportGrant@sa.gov.au. Please include details to assist in the resolution of your query including business ABN and application receipt number if applicable.
- Employing businesses - $3,000
- Non-employing businesses - $1,000
To be eligible for the $3,000 grant a business must meet all criteria listed below, at the start of the restriction period of 12:01am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- Be located/operating within South Australia.
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST.
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Must employ people in South Australia.
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in the 2019-20 financial year.
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover in the week of Tuesday 20 July 2021 – Monday 26 July 2021 (inclusive) (compared to the prior week) due to restricted trading conditions.
To be eligible for the $1,000 grant, non-employing businesses will be subject to the eligibility criteria outlined above, excluding the requirement to employ people.
Where multiple non-employing businesses meeting the eligibility criteria are controlled by one individual, company, partnership, or trustee, funding will be restricted to one grant for all non-employing businesses controlled by the individual, company, partnership, or trustee.
Non-employing businesses are not eligible to apply if persons associated with the business, and who derive income from it, have applied for, or are receiving, the Commonwealth COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
Businesses will be required to declare that they have experienced a loss or reduction in turnover due to restricted trading conditions. They will not be required to provide any supporting information at the time of application but will be required to retain supporting information for 2 years that could be made available for audit and compliance purposes such as:
- Turnover comparison data for the week prior to the assessment period
- Emails or texts to or from clients or suppliers detailing cancelled orders or appointments
- Receipts for refunds provided
- Invoices or delivery dockets
- Appointment/scheduling platform, demonstrating cancelled appointments or bookings
- Screenshots of cancelled events
We expect there may be periods of significant demand for the application portal, if delays are experienced please be patient, applications may be submitted until 11:59pm on 30 September 2021.
|There has been a high level of interest in the grant program and officers are working to evaluate applications and process payments as quickly as possible. On average, grant applications are expected to take 2 to 3 weeks to pay, however where further information is sought from the applicant it may take longer to process.|
The South Australian Government’s July 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant Program supports thousands of South Australian small and medium-sized businesses that suffered a significant loss of income or have been forced to close as a result of the restrictions imposed from 20 July 2021.