Small businesses and not-for-profit entities that employ South Australians who have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant to support the operation of their business.
The grant is being funded from the State Government’s $650 million Jobs Rescue Package.
To be eligible, businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and were carrying on the operation of a business in South Australia as at 1 March 2020
- Employ people in South Australia as at 1 March 2020
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (excluding GST)
- Have total Australian payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government
- Have been subject to closure or highly adversely impacted by COVID‑19 related restrictions ^
- The enterprise does not engage in illegal activity.
- The business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
- The business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant.
Applications are now open. Before you start your application, please read the following important information:
- Recent Business Activity Statement
- Bank account details (important: the form requires you to include the hyphen (-) in the middle of your BSB, i.e XXX-XXX. Once you enter the hyphen a drop-down list of BSBs will become available)
- Evidence of eligibility for JobKeeper (where applicable), such as a screen shot of your eligibility confirmation from the ATO or a bank statement demonstrating receipt of JobKeeper payments.
- Where the entity was operating in 2018-19, evidence of 2018-19 turnover (for example a 2018-19 income statement)
- Not-for-profits not registered for GST are required to attach evidence that turnover in 2018-19 or 2019-20 is above $75,000.
- A valid email address.
This application must be completed by:
- In the case of a business that is a sole trader that employs, the sole trader.
- In the case of a business that is a partnership that employs, a partner.
- In the case of a business that is a body corporate that employs, a director, secretary, public officer or equivalent.
The Small Business Grant: COVID-19 Assistance form will be temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled maintenance. The downtime will last for 3 hours between 2am to 5am on 28 May 2020.
|The Department of Treasury and Finance will not contact you via text message regarding your application. Please ignore any text message claiming to relate to the Small Business Grant.|
^ Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth Jobkeeper payment will be deemed to be highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.