Program 1: Gambling Policy
The Department of Treasury and Finance provides policy advice to the government on economic, social and regulatory issues associated with gambling.
Program 2: Accountability for Public Sector Resources
The Department of Treasury and Finance has the role of ensuring accountability for public sector resources through providing policy, economic and financial advice to the government and coordinating resource allocations for government programs and priorities at the whole of government level.
The department provides support to the government through delivering a range of key projects aimed at maximising commercial outcomes for government. These projects progress policy reforms and commercial initiatives for the economic benefit of the state.
Program 3: Treasury Services
Management of the government’s financial assets and liabilities and provision of certainty of funding to the state.
Program 4: Financial Services Provision
The Department of Treasury and Finance has the role of providing a range of whole of government services including liability management, collection of taxes, insurance, superannuation and fleet administration.
Sub-program 4.1 Revenue Collection and Management
Management of taxation legislation, revenue systems and compliance systems to enable the government to raise revenue using its taxation powers and the provision of policy advice on taxation issues. Management of various grants and subsidy schemes for the government.
Sub-program 4.2 Insurance and Fleet Services
The objective of this sub-program includes the provision of:
- insurance cover to government agencies through the insurance and reinsurance of government risks
- advice to the government on issues relating to the insurance and management of those risks
- fleet management services to agencies and vehicle disposal services to government.
Sub-program 4.3 Superannuation Services
The objectives of this sub-program are to:
- administer the various public sector superannuation schemes for the South Australian Superannuation Board and the Southern Select Super Corporation, as well as the superannuation arrangements for parliamentarians, judges and former governors.
- provide superannuation policy and legislative advice to the South Australian Superannuation Board, the Southern Select Super Corporation, the Chief Executive, the Treasurer and the Minister for Finance.
Sub-program 4.4 Procurement Policy and Governance
Support the State Procurement Board in the delivery of its key objectives and in setting the strategic direction of procurement operations across government, focusing on policy and guideline development, capability development, monitoring and
Program 5: Veterans’ Affairs
Veterans’ Affairs (Veterans SA) supports our ex-servicemen and women and those who support them, by providing a central contact point for information about the state government’s services to veterans across departments, including health, transport, disability and mental health.
Veterans SA provides administrative support to the Veterans’ Advisory Council to ensure veterans receive a voice at the highest levels of government and helps to raise public awareness of the sacrifices made by South Australia’s veterans.
- Produced Monthly ENews including a ‘Message from the Minister’ focusing on veterans related issues.
- Produced South Australia’s Ex-Service Commemorative Calendar 2016 and half yearly Veterans’ Voice publication.
Send a web enquiry
+61 8 8226 9500